Drones have emerged rapidly over the past years as a hobby in the market. Lily stands out among its competitors as a camera drone that follows the users to shoot high-quality videos and pictures. Simply turn on the camera drone and toss it up in the air, it will fly around you and record your active moments just like a personal photographer. Lily features a modern design with smiling eyes partially inspired by “WALL-E.”
How does Lily work?
Lily has two components—a self-flying drone, and a small round tracker that you can store in a pocket or wear on the wrist. Taking advantage of artificial intelligence, GPS, visual processing technologies, the drone will keep constant communication with the tracker and fly around it once they remotely connect.
How to use the camera drone?
- Sync the camera drone with its tracker
- Throw the drone in the air
- Go! You are followed and recorded. You can take pictures using the tracker.
- Retrieve the camera drone by pressing the tracker.
Lily has a companion app for you to change the camera setting, create custom shots, as well as edit and share the contents. Unlike many other drones in the market, you do not need to use the app to control Lily’s flight it completely flies on its own.
What are the technical features?
- Outstanding optics: Shoot 1080p video at 60 frames per second (fps), 720p at 120fps, and 12 megapixel photos.
- Multi-angle shooting: Film from behind, front, side, or even in a circle surrounding you.
- Waterproof: With sealed body and insulated motors, it can take off from water, float, and safely land in water.
- Ultra-Portable: Fit easily in any backpack, and only 2.8 lb in weight .
- Extensive range: Follow a user at up to 25 mph speed between 10 to 30 feet in height and 5 to 100 feet in distance.
- Strong battery: Allow for 20 minutes’ flight and charge in two hours.
Price and timeline:
Lily drone was first introduced in May 2015. It received a total of $34 million pre-orders from over 60,000 customers by January 2016. Instead of crowdfunding on a public platform, Lily takes all pre-orders on its website. Lily is scheduled to sell on the market in summer 2016 at a price tag of $999. You may still catch a special rate of $899 before its official launch now.
To learn more or to pre-order, click the button below:
Apollo Box is a platform thoughtfully curated to help customers discover, collect, and share some of the world’s coolest and most creative products. Check out our website or join our Facebook discussion for trendy products you can enjoy right now. Sign up with us to get informed about innovative technology and products.